• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there were any other Harry Potter fans that wanted to discuss the new and last book coming out, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Any theories on who will die, what the last horcruxes are or anything else you would like to discuss!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I've actually only read the Prisoner of Azkaban (spelling?) book. I get TONS of criticism from Harry Potter fans for reading the third installment without reading the first two. I don't know, Harry Potter never really interested me. After I finished Harry Potter, I started Animal Farm and (no offense to Harry Potter fans) George Orwell annihilates J.K. Rowling in writing style.

OP
R
Reaction score
I've actually only read the Prisoner of Azkaban (spelling?) book. I get TONS of criticism from Harry Potter fans for reading the third installment without reading the first two. I don't know, Harry Potter never really interested me. After I finished Harry Potter, I started Animal Farm and (no offense to Harry Potter fans) George Orwell annihilates J.K. Rowling in writing style.

I actualy just got into the series and started with the 6th one then skiped around until I had read them all, so even big fans of the series didn't read them in order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Does that guy ever get a date or what??? I mean, he's this huge legend, even though he hasn't really done anything for the attention he gets. He should be able to parley that into at least a couple dates!!

OK HP fans, fire away!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Does that guy ever get a date or what??? I mean, he's this huge legend, even though he hasn't really done anything for the attention he gets. He should be able to parley that into at least a couple dates!!

LOL, yeah you'd think magic powers would be a great way to start a conversation with any girl.

OP
R
Reaction score

Ok fireing time! First off he did do something to deserve it, he was the only person that was not killed by a dark wizard who at the time was the most poweful and evil wizard. There is a curse that he would use to murder people and when he tried it on HP it deflected and came back on him ending a long time period in which he cause chaos and murdered so many people. Secondly he has had dates before in the fourth book he took a girl to the ball and in the sixth he kissed the girl he loves, Ginny. Wow I sound like such a nerd!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
GEEK CHECK!!! :) Just kidding. I thought it was revealed (in the last movie) that his parents sacrificed themselves to save him instead of him being some mysterious amazing special person that able to withstand the attack as an infant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Well, u r some what right Fleurya. It was determined that his Mom's Magical Love powers are what protected him from You Know How (just to add to my nerd factor :[) and thats why he had to spend his summers over at his beloved Aunt Petunia :p.

OP
R
Reaction score
GEEK CHECK!!! :) Just kidding. I thought it was revealed (in the last movie) that his parents sacrificed themselves to save him instead of him being some mysterious amazing special person that able to withstand the attack as an infant.

Yeah it was what his parents did but no one knew that at the time how he did survive just the fact that he did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I started Animal Farm and (no offense to Harry Potter fans) George Orwell annihilates J.K. Rowling in writing style.

That's a horrible comparison. Consider the audience of the books for instance, Animal farm was not written for pre-teens, of course the writing style will be different.

That's like me saying Shakespeare decimates Mother Goose in writing style...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a horrible comparison. Consider the audience of the books for instance, Animal farm was not written for pre-teens, of course the writing style will be different.

That's like me saying Shakespeare decimates Mother Goose in writing style...

I think you're taking it a little too seriously. I started Animal Farm after I finished HP and just made my own comparison. Nothing more. It was Orwell's books that really got me off kids' books.

Reaction score
Well, I love the books :) pre-ordered the Deathly Hallows already. I was a little disappointed in the last book, found myself nodding off at some parts and I can indentify with a small problem with the series, which is that since JK Rowling is living and breathing this series, I feel perhaps she has a tendency to go a little bit too far indepth to keep me interested in places. It got far too involved and boring in the last book, so honestly, I am glad it's the last book and that will really be it.

As much as I love it as a whole, I think she might go insane if she had to write an 8th or something. I can't wait to get my book :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, I didn't even know a 7th was coming out. I thought this was it. I wonder if those "kids" will be too old to make the movie. I doubt they'll have a movie for every one except the last. And an all new cast for the very last movie would just seem wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I read somewhere that they were under contract to make all 7 movies, but I don't know if they gonna be able to play the part. The one actor playing Ron Weasly he is already 19 years old.

Reaction score
That's why I love LOTR films made all together briiliant, perhaps the money grabbing film makers (and those selling the rights) should have waited until all books were done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it wouldn't be the first time 20 somethings have played high school students. It's pretty much standard any more. However, those are usually forgiven because those playing the parts have more attractive and youthful appearances.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.