Pipe Daemon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
When i startup my mac i have pipe daemon which runs, it comes up in the dock and then goes away.

I've learnt that pipe daemon is associated with HP Printers. However I'm not using the Hp printer anymore so is there any way of stopping pipe daemon from starting up because it does seem to slow down startup a bit.

I uninstalled the drivers for the Hp printer with the CD I got with the printer but that did not work

Pipe daemon is also not in login items of my user account...

does anyone know how to stop pipe daemon from starting up?

M

MacHeadCase

Did you look here to see if there is anything in this folder?

Macintosh HD -> Library -> StartupItems

Did you do a Spotlight search to find that file? It could be an invisible file so you might have to set that up in the search criteria.

OP
shahvikram123
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you look here to see if there is anything in this folder?

Macintosh HD -> Library -> StartupItems

Did you do a Spotlight search to find that file? It could be an invisible file so you might have to set that up in the search criteria.

Nope its not in my startup items
and when i do a spotlight search for it, it doesn't find it...

M

MacHeadCase

There are three different places where Startup Items are stored. One I would not mess with at all is in the System's Library, another in your user account and another in the Macintosh HD level. Just wanna make sure you checked in the last place as well as your user account.

And you did try to search for invisible files? Maybe do a search just for Pipe or Daemon. I'll have a look around to see if I could come up with something else.

Edited to add:

Gah! Browny beat me to it! LOL

OP
shahvikram123
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i just did a normal spotlight search...how do i search invisible files?

Reaction score
Download the free Mac search utility EasyFind. You can set it to search for invisible files. (EasyFind blows Spotlight out of the water, anyway.)

M

MacHeadCase

You should see on the far righthand side a + sign (right next to the Save button) in the Spotlight window. You click on it and it will add a search field criteria. Click on the Kind drop down menu and choose Other: a window will open and you can then choose Visibility as the search criteria.

add.jpg

Other.jpg

Visibility.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.