Safari does not quit

Reaction score
hey all, a while back i posted something similar about safari not quitting when i press apple + q or clicking 'quit safari'. the answers given were helpful but did not resolve the problem...i am still suffering from this problem. i have a macbook with tiger installed...and the latest mac osx updates...but please do not think that these new updates caused the problem because i have had this problem for a longer time than that (the problem is atleast 4 months old) haha so it is slightly annoying having to force quit safari most of the time when i try to quit it normally.
thanks in advance
ren.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What all did you try so far?

Reaction score
I take it you removed QS? I recall you seemed to think it might be the cause.

You've probably done the following but I've still gotta ask if you've 'Reset Safari'.

Also with Safari turned off - relocate the: com.apple.safari.plist file at:

YourUserAccount/Library/Preferences to the Trash.

After restarting Safari successfully, just empty the Trash. Also you could trash the Cache folder for Safari.

Finally, with Safari turned off, trash the Icons Folder in YourUserAccount/Library/Safari. ( .plist files/Cache Folder/Icons Folder are rebuilt when Safari is relaunched.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.