Collge Macbook Help

Reaction score
yo im going to college next year and im thinkin about buyin a macbook but i know nothing about them. I just want one that i can type my notes in, and still play counter-strike without too bad of lag. what macbook would be best for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
yo im going to college next year and im thinkin about buyin a macbook but i know nothing about them. I just want one that i can type my notes in, and still play counter-strike without too bad of lag. what macbook would be best for me?

As far as I know, Counter Strike hasn't been released for Mac. There are numerous alternatives that people swear are better, if you need to run it under Mac OS X. If you are settled on buying a Mac for school, you can always get one of the 2.16 Ghz Macbooks with a bigger hard drive, use Boot Camp to install Windows XP on part of the hard drive, and boot into Windows to play Counter Strike. The integrated video card on the MacBook should work just fine for an older game like Counter Strike, but if you are planning on doing any other 3D gaming, I would recommend springing for a MacBook Pro, as it has a seperate video card/processor with dedicated video memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Tsk tsk, you should quit playing CS. I did after 6 years and Ive been doing great, I've had time for life now :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
dont forget that the new Parallels Desktop supports 3D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Yeah, don't you have to pay for upgrade though, if you bought it before May 1st or something?

T

todd51

I think another question you should ask yourself is what major you will be going into for college, if it's something Business related....you may want to consider still having a PC around since most business applications require Windows..that or just dual-boot :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.