Adobe CS3 question

ten

Reaction score
Hi all... neubie here.

Quick question.

I've noticed on the apple homepage Adobe are selling their design suite for like £600 cheaper than the UK version [I'm a UK resident].

Can I buy the US version and save myself 100s?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hi all... neubie here.

Quick question.

I've noticed on the apple homepage Adobe are selling their design suite for like £600 cheaper than the UK version [I'm a UK resident].

Can I buy the US version and save myself 100s?????
Nope.

Apple Store Sales and Refunds Policy said:
U.S. SALES ONLY

The Apple Store sells and ships products only within the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. No shipments can be made to APO or FPO addresses, United States territories, or addresses outside the United States.
You may not export any products purchased at the Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, OSX 10.4.8, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Send me a check and I'll hook you up ;)

OP
T

ten

Reaction score
ahhhh.... but would there be any differences if I were to obtain a copy? I'm running a new 17' Mac Book Pro btw....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If there are no actual diferences in the s/ware... I think that's the way to go.
I could get a buddy State side to send it on...
No can do. Like the quote from the Apple site in my earlier post states:
Apple Store Sales and Refunds Policy said:
You may not export any products purchased at the Apple Store.
Even if you were to send someone in the states the money, they will not legally be able to export (send to you overseas) the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You may buy the software from any other retailer and get them to send it to you. Once the retailer or private individual owns the software, regardless of where he purchased it from, he may sell it on to whoever he wishes. There are no laws preventing them sending abroad.

Have a look on ebay.

OP
T

ten

Reaction score
So...

... just to clarify things.... there are no actual differences to the software itself? Meaning I could run it on a Mac whether bought in the UK, Hong Kong, Australia or India, say?

I hear what you're saying Admin, but I think its a little rich in these
days of global economies to be charging well over the odds in one country than in another.... £600 is a massive difference.

As it happens, I'm over in a few weeks on a major trans-US biking tour so I could pick up a copy in person then and bring it home with me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.