Memory prices going up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Memory prices up 30 per cent

According to the article, the prices of the memory chips themselves have gone up, so the modules are bound to go up soon as well.

For those of you waiting for prices to drop further, this is about the lowest prices are going to get. If you planned on upgrading your RAM, I would suggest doing it soon before prices shoot back up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
the website does not state the reason for the rise in prices. anybody have any guesses?

OP
Kash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I stated the reason why a little while ago where I had used a couple links as sources (I'm too lazy to look it up :p)

At the end of 2006, hardware manufacturers went into overdrive producing upgrade parts such as RAM and hard drives in anticipation of the massive number of people who would need to upgrade their computers with the launch of Windows Vista. Unfortunately, such a surge never happened. So manufacturers now had a large supply of products with no increase in demand. Thus, prices dropped because manufacturers needed to sell this stuff.

However, it looks as though supplies are finally dropping down to pre-Vista levels, and thus, prices are jumping back up to where they are "supposed" to be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.