Help me choose a domain name.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to make the heap, and purchase a domain specific to my goal of getting a 24'' iMac.

Unfortunately, the creative side of me is hiding under a rock right now, and I am having real trouble thinking of a name for it.

I was thinking something along the lines of iWantaMac, but that is taken. I will be using the site to update people on why I want a mac, how much money I have ready towards my mac, how I obtained that money, etc. I will also be accepting donations towards my purchase.

I really want a Macintosh, and it will be my first one. I am super excited to work towards getting it, and having it in my bedroom for me to use. I'm going to try and become a freelance web and graphic designer, and with the lackluster organization of the windows operating system, I just can't get that stuff done!

I'm purchasing it through Go Daddy. If you guys have any idea what to choose for my domain, search for it, see if it is available, and if it is post it here.

I would prefer that the site be a .com or .net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Why spend money when you're trying to save it?
Sounds like a free blogger account would get the job done for you!

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
It's only about 10/year for a domain name if I use GoDaddy, and I got 10 dollars today, and think that a domain would be a good start to keep me motivated towards getting an iMac.

I already have a host, so thats not an issue.

What does everybody think of iWantToSwitch.net or something similar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
AppleForMe.net is only $8.99. :)

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
That is absolutly perfect. Nobody steal it. I'm buying it in a bit!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Too late. I'll sell it to you for $15 though.
(kidding)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Too late. I'll sell it to you for $15 though.
(kidding)
You're an !@@&(*#!!!! What? I can't say that here? Really? You're kidding. Oh. Ohhhh. Nevermind.

(My real response was, "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!! Great response! VirtRep
icon14.gif
)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It's only about 10/year for a domain name if I use GoDaddy, and I got 10 dollars today, and think that a domain would be a good start to keep me motivated towards getting an iMac.

I already have a host, so thats not an issue.

What does everybody think of iWantToSwitch.net or something similar?

Why spend money when you're trying to save it?
Sounds like a free blogger account would get the job done for you!
I would second the free blogger idea. Hey, ten bucks is ten bucks. Over time, ten bucks here and ten bucks there adds up pretty quick. Keep putting that in the bank and you earn interest, thus making even more money.

But, hey... if the site is going to keep your spirits up and keep you stuck to your goal of saving and earning the money yourself, then go for it.
Just don't turn it into yet another one of those sites where people ask (read: beg) for 'donations' (read: buy my big expensive toy for me so I don't have to worry about the cash myself) for their goal of a new Mac. The people that make those sites are the some of the most irresponsible and pathetic individuals I can think of.

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
Trust me Devilboy, that is the exact opposite of what I want. I plan to earn it, not have it handed too me.

I have wanted a Mac for a while, but got distracted. Now that I have a website dedicated to it, I feel I will use it more, and try to use it to keep track of my savings, and how close I am to my goal.

I think this will keep my spirits in the clouds, if I execute it correctly.

Edit:
I'm going to purchase the domain tomorrow morning, and already have an Under Construction page setup here. Simple, yet effective.

Reaction score
dont use a under construction page. just list the site when you have finished it google and other search engins will punish you if you have dead links on the site. just publish the site when you have finished it. if you are going to use a under construction page add a newsletter function or some information for the potential surfers so they dont just browes away

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
I was actually going to do that, but ran out of time as it is 4:40am and my parents are hollering at me to bring my suitcase to the car already so that we can go! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.