how can i set the path?

B

Bo Eddy

This is for the Tomcat server which I cant get running
================================
5. Update the PATH variable

You can run the Java WSDP without setting the PATH variable, or you can optionally set it as a convenience.

Set the PATH variable to include ant, if you want to be able to conveniently run the Java WSDP samples that use ant (e.g., JAXB examples).

Add the full path of the ant bin directory in the Java WSDP installation directory to the beginning of your PATH variable. Prepend "jakarta-ant-1.5.1/bin" to the directory where JWSDP is installed.

Should I set the PATH variable?
Set the PATH variable if you want to be able to conveniently run the Java WSDP executables (startup.sh, shutdown.sh, ant, etc.) from any directory without having to type the full path of the command. If you don't set the PATH variable, you need to specifythe full path to the executable every time you run it, such as:

% /home/myuser/jwsdp-1_1/bin/startup.sh

It's useful to set the PATH permanently so it will persist after rebooting. To set the PATH permanently, add the full path of the bin directory in the Java WSDP installation directory to the beginning of your PATH variable. Typically this full path looks something like /home/myuser/jwsdp-1_1/bin.

Reaction score
Depends on which shell you're using.
For bash, edit your .bashrc file...

PATH="/path/to/whatever/you/need:${PATH}"
export PATH

For tcsh, edit .tcshrc or .cshrc...

set path = ($path /path/to/whatever)

If you have neither of these files, create one, in your home directory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.