VERY annoying error message.

Reaction score
Ok...this has happened about 15 times now.

The error message reads this....

"The file "iTunes Library" does not appear to be a valid iTunes library and renamed this file to "iTunes Library (Damaged) 2"

Basically, after this message appears, my entire library is deleted. Including playlists and videos and stuff. I can still get all my music back, but the problem is happening over and over again and it's REALLY annoying. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Thanks
-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Well, it's probably because something is corrupting it. Re-installing OS X might help. Make sure to back up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Well, it's probably because something is corrupting it. Re-installing OS X might help. Make sure to back up.

Re-installing Mac OS X will probably fix the problem, but, with all due respect to iRye's level of expertise of course, I'd rather suggest to uninstall iTunes and then re-install it one more time and if that doesn't do the trick go ahead with OS X

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
iRye might be right on your machine needing a clean install of OS X, BUT before you do that, make Google do some work for you. Search on the error message and really scour the net for others' experiences.

There are so few times that anyone's errors are novel. Often someone else has already experienced your particular pain, has discovered a solution to it, and has posted it on the net.

Good luck!

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I downloaded an episode of Always Sunny from itunes. You likely didn't lose your music though...just your library data file is corrupt (this means you probably will lose you playlists). Just go to users/username/music/itunes/itunesmusic (or where ever your music files are saved to) and you should have all your music files intact. Just select all and drag to itunes. It gave me this error msg. everytime I started itunes until I deleted the episode that was corrupt. Now it is fine. So maybe if you delete the last thing you downloaded you won't have anymore problems...good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.