New Firefox Window Never Stays Put

Reaction score
When I open up a second window in Firefox, it always opens up a little lower than the one before it, going under the dock. I, of course, want them to all open the same size and the same place. How do I go about making the second window and all windows opened after that to be the same as the first?

Reaction score
Hi,

This is the default behaviour for most browsers, and I'm not sure it that can be changed, AFAIK.

I use Safari and each new window is stacked just a little to the right and just a little lower than the one before. This lets you see how many windows are open in the application and to be honest, I just enable Tabs and use them instead. It's very rare that I open up a new window but I also have a 20" screen too!

Make sure the top of the original window sits flush with the Finder MenuBar and this should help a bit. You can also set the Dock to Always Hide in Dock Prefs to free up screen real estate, or relocate it to either side of your Desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I have the same problem and figured it was default behavior. I just drag it back up and ignore it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
if you cant fix it i find TABS works better

just use - command T

although safari on my imac when i open a new window it goes on top of the other.

OP
T
Reaction score
I guess I thought I could fix this because I hadn't noticed it until recently. This is too bad because I like to have a few open windows with tabs inside of them to organize what I'm doing. It would be nice if there was an Add-On or something to correct this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.