Complete MAC NEWBIE, Bootcamp issues

Reaction score
I m sorry, but I had to copy this post because its exactly what I got When I tried to partitioned With Bootcamp. This is new to me, can any one explain what this is and how do I fix it.

It says 'the disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved' then is says
'Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again'

I don't want to format my mac just to partition the drive.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I m sorry, but I had to copy this post because its exactly what I got When I tried to partitioned With Bootcamp. This is new to me, can any one explain what this is and how do I fix it.

It says 'the disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved' then is says
'Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again'

I don't want to format my mac just to partition the drive.

Shut down all open programs (including those that start automatically when you boot up) and close all of your Widgets on the Dashboard. Then try running the Bootcamp wizard again.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hey Thanks

Thanks alot, but I was still having issues, I even bought that IDEFRAG, what a waste. But no success, I just backed everything up with my external hardrive and reinstalled OSX and now it works great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.