CD stuck in imac g3

Reaction score
Hey,
So i put a spray painted cd (after drying of course)
and it wont eject,
I tried the paper clip,
I tried the apple site (the paper clip in the side of the slot thing) and no luck.
Any other suggestions,
Removing the cd drive?
Any instructions on that??

Thanks,

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
restart the computer and try to eject it during start up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac G3 450MHZ 512 RAM DVD
How many times have you tried the paperclip eject button? I have to give it a fair few thousand tries before I hit it, strange things is, it always sounds like I have pressed it

Silly question but worth a try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Is that that slot loading G3?

Common method is shutdown, hold down the mouse and power up.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Ok heres my update,

Im sorry it took me so long to update, yesterday was honors night, anyway,
Ive tried restarting and holding the mouse button, and I know i hit the eject button with the paper clip because i can hear it try to eject the disc

Thanks,
Tanner

M

MacHeadCase

The spray-painted CD was dry? Do you know how hot it gets in an optical drive? Chances are the paint became sticky all over again under that laser. You can count yourself lucky if that CD drive isn't good for garbage by now.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Cd stuck in iMac

The spray-painted CD was dry? Do you know how hot it gets in an optical drive? Chances are the paint became sticky all over again under that laser. You can count yourself lucky if that CD drive isn't good for garbage by now.

I know it wasn't the SMARTEST thing to do, but don't rub it in ;D ,
Looking back, it does get pretty hot.......
Anyway,

The CD drive is working fine, except the ejecting part, every time i push eject and it doesn't come out, after it gets done trying to eject it reads the CD all over again and it's on the desktop and everything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
restart the computer and try to eject it during start up
Have you tried holding down eject button (not the paper clip method) during startup? You didn't indicate whether you had tried this or not. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Here's a guide to opening up an iMac G3:
http://www.macworld.com/2001/10/bc/howtoimac/

I opened up a slot loading iMac to install a new hard drive and the main thing to remember is take your time and be careful not to drop screws into the CRT bit because you could fry it. I managed to drop one and I had a **** of a time shaking it out (but I finally did get it).

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Have you tried holding down eject button (not the paper clip method) during startup? You didn't indicate whether you had tried this or not. :)

I have tried ejecting during startup by holding down the left mouse button, i have not tried it using the eject key on my keyboard (assuming there is no difference)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.