XP Pro repaired on bootcamp, now driver issues. (isight)

Reaction score
Hey, I have bootcamp with XP pro on my macbook pro. my windows had something wrong with it, not sure what went wrong, but I didn't have a taskbar, and everything involving internet was blocked or crashed... anyways, I repaired windows with the installation CD, everything went smoothly, and windows is working fine now... aside from the mac drivers. When I tried to install them, the apple built in isight, the IR remote, the trackpad, and keyboard support all had problems installing. I tried completely removing all of these things from the device manager, and ran the driver CD again. still the same issues.

Everything else is fine, but I need to get these things working (especially trackpad suport and the iSight)

please help me out here!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey, I have bootcamp with XP pro on my macbook pro. my windows had something wrong with it, not sure what went wrong, but I didn't have a taskbar, and everything involving internet was blocked or crashed... anyways, I repaired windows with the installation CD, everything went smoothly, and windows is working fine now... aside from the mac drivers. When I tried to install them, the apple built in isight, the IR remote, the trackpad, and keyboard support all had problems installing. I tried completely removing all of these things from the device manager, and ran the driver CD again. still the same issues.

Everything else is fine, but I need to get these things working (especially trackpad suport and the iSight)

please help me out here!

What were the error messages you got when you tried to reinstall the drivers?

OP
W
Reaction score
What were the error messages you got when you tried to reinstall the drivers?

I got the typical "A problem occurred d during the installation of your new hardware" this device will now work properly etc etc.

I can find my driver cd and get the exact errors if you need them.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the typical "A problem occurred d during the installation of your new hardware" this device will now work properly etc etc.

I can find my driver cd and get the exact errors if you need them.

Typically that's what happens when Windows can't find the needed files specified in the .inf file or if it can't find the drivers at all. Are you running the installation routine from the CD or just doing a "reinstall driver" from the Device Manager? If the latter, try opening the CD and running the Setup wizard instead.

OP
W
Reaction score
I have only tried running the setup wizard. I guess I could try installing them manually though, will try that now.

has anyone else tried to repair windows when running boot camp? I have reinstalled before, and everything went well, but repair seems to have some issues.

OP
W
Reaction score
I couldnt even find the right files to install manually. where are the propper inf files for the iSight?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I couldnt even find the right files to install manually. where are the propper inf files for the iSight?

I wouldn't install them manually. It should install through the setup, if it doesn't, there's something seriously mucked up with that XP installation. My advice would be to reformat/reinstall from the XP disc.

OP
W
Reaction score
I wouldn't install them manually. It should install through the setup, if it doesn't, there's something seriously mucked up with that XP installation. My advice would be to reformat/reinstall from the XP disc.

I plan on doing that eventually, but I would like to try to manually install them (it isn't hard, if I could just find the isight's dang inf file!) before I reinstall. I spent a LONG time getting everything on my windows side how I like it, so I want to do anything OTHER than reinstall first if I can.

it seems there are no .inf files for the drivers, all of them are installed through their own separate exe files... some hex editing is in call here, will reply with my results!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I plan on doing that eventually, but I would like to try to manually install them (it isn't hard, if I could just find the isight's dang inf file!) before I reinstall. I spent a LONG time getting everything on my windows side how I like it, so I want to do anything OTHER than reinstall first if I can.

it seems there are no .inf files for the drivers, all of them are installed through their own separate exe files... some hex editing is in call here, will reply with my results!

The EXE files automatically extract the drivers and associated files to their destination locations. You'll need to dig through the file system to find the actually .inf files on your hard drive. Be prepared to spend a good amount of time doing so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.