Who was a PC diehard before they got a mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini, 1.25ghz 120gb hdd AP/BT combo drive and 23" cinema display and 20" imac, 250gb 2.16ghz 1gb
Who was a PC diehard before they got a mac? was just wanting to to know every1 the swore by the pc until they got a mac?
I know i am one of the meny that switched over the the Mac side!

Reaction score
That describes me. I was a PC hardcore user for years and years before I finally matured to the point where I could accept that maybe, possibly, Mac was worth looking at it. So I did. I've been a Mac user ever since and I am -never- going back to Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
I wouldn't really say I was diehard but ignorant and misinformed about Macs. I wouldn't say that even today I am totally for Mac or that I am a switcher, I am a broadener.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I still use both, like both.

I have a Windows network in the office, and Macs at home. Works fine for me, I won't be changing either anytime soon.

Although I don't agree to the 'Mac cost 3 x as much' idea, it is true to say that there are no $350 macs. Windows boxes aren't cheaper when you make direct comparisons, but you can spend less on them. That's unfortunately an important consideration in an office.

I can buy entry level Dells for half the price of an entry level Mac. It's not an equivalent machine, but it'll do the job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
oh and that broadener line is a trademark of ibookclamman industries under section 381 of my compiled patented one liners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
lol @ ibookclamman300.

I was a die-hard PC user for a long time, since about 1993 when I built my first computer. 13 years later I decided that Mac's wouldn't be too bad after seeing a few in action (Mini G4, PowerBook G4) and playing with a Mac Pro Intel in Singapore last summer. Now I have my PCs & Macs, and they all play well together. I still play most of my games on my PC if I'm at my house, but if I'm on the ship I'll load up Windows on my MBP and nerd out. Kind of the best of both worlds...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I was one of those 'omg mac? *** that sux lololol' people until right before my 12th birthday.

Then, suddenly, OH SNAP! I decided to actually try researching Macs.

Well, actually, I had been pretty 'neutral' towards Macs, compared to others. Although I had no plans to switch, I enjoyed the Mac ads and liked to build my own iMac for fun.

Then, one day, I wanted a new PC, but a custom build one. So, I googled it. First result: Apple.com. I never found a good custom built PCs company.

Then, my PC was reallllyy slow. It took 5 minutes to boot and load up Firefox. I'd had enough. I googled some PCs, and found out about Macs again!

Then, I wanted to make a comic, I googled it, and, WOAH NELLIE, Comic Life. I was like 'OK thats it I've had it with Windows'

5 Months Later and I'm on my first iMac. Yes I made the decision to switch at the age of 12, making this the first computer that my family doesn't own - its really mine. Yay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
I wouldnt say i was a Diehard pc user, but i did swear by them (And at them)

I knew about macs, knew the advantages (and disadvantages) but still used my pc simply because i hadn't given mac a real chance.

I took the plunge almost a year ago now and haven't looked back, I love the user experience on mac as well as the simplicity of working with them.

My pc still gets regular use mainly as a glorified MP3 player until i purchase a mac mini, which im hoping wont be that far away ^_^

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC ALU, 2.8GHZ, 4GB ram, 750gb HD, Leopard OSX.
YES!

I was a diehard PC user but took the plunge last OCTOBER 2006.

At first I was totally baffled,.. then annoyed,... then frustrated but now?

I've seen the light.

My opinion.

If you are an accountant,... stick with a PC.

If you have a creative bone in your body and love elegant software.

Buy a Mac.

It is a beautiful thing and a beautiful experience.

Last word. If I had to give up one it would be the PC by miles.

Too ugly (they all are) and too clinical and well,... just too much like using a machine. And I have Vista... and that is just... well... an anticlimax. OS 10 beats it hands down and I can't wait for Leopard !

I actually like my Imac as if it were sentient.

~ Is that weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
I'm not a "die hard" windows user, but when you use windows almost all of your life you get used to things and how things work with windows, such as "crashes, viruses, etc... (even blue screens).. I made the switch because i wanted something small, yet powerful.. As of now i have a mac book 2.16ghz with 1gb of ram.. I have parallels with XP installed just in case i need it.. I've had my mac for about a month now and i've only used pararlles 2x.. that just goes to show, how good a mac can get.. "it just works"

Reaction score
I was a die hard microsoft person so much so i even have my mcse, but after getting that first ipod i started checking out other mac products and am very glad i did.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I'm not a "die hard" windows user, but when you use windows almost all of your life you get used to things and how things work with windows, such as "crashes, viruses, etc... (even blue screens).. I made the switch because i wanted something small, yet powerful.. As of now i have a mac book 2.16ghz with 1gb of ram.. I have parallels with XP installed just in case i need it.. I've had my mac for about a month now and i've only used pararlles 2x.. that just goes to show, how good a mac can get.. "it just works"

I've had way more 'crashes' on a Mac in the last 5 years than on a Windows machine. This stuff about them constantly bsod'ing is about 7 years out of date.

Reaction score
I was the biggest PC advocate ever. I had an Apple II way back and then didn't use them later for work. It was a PPC using OS 7.6.1 I think and I hated it. Fast forward a few years and I was using both. Then I started getting used to OS X and started loving it. I then bought a mac book pro and I'm loving it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I was a die hard Apple person (Apple ][+, //e, //c, ///+, Lisa 2/10, and a Mac Plus) when I was a kid living at home, but then moved out of the house and joined the military, and then didn't have a computer at all for a number of years. Then when I got out of the military and went back to school, I used my old Mac Plus for a couple of years until I was able to afford one myself. Ended up with a PC (preinstalled with windows 95) and pretty much stayed on that side for a while. It was a price issue at the time more than anything else (you can't blow a lot of money on extras when you are paying your own way through school, and Apple did cost a lot more at the time). Bought a used G3 iMac about three years ago just to play with and liked OS X, so I ended up getting a G4 Mini when they came out. Still use PCs every day at work, and have both at home. Run Linux as well as Windows (XP and Vista both) on the PCs.

Anyways, back when i was a kid I was pretty much an Apple fanatic, but by the time I moved out of the house I had pretty much gotten over it. These days I'm not beholden to a single OS-- I enjoy using computers and don't like to get tied down to a single brand name.

I'll probably get another Mac next, something with more power than the Mini, but I'm not really in a hurry, so I'll probably wait to see what comes out next before getting one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
I was a diehard Windows fan until I stoped all the gaming I was doing.

Once I kicked that habit, I got fed up really quick and switched.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
i have used both over the years, although one of the first I used was an apple macintosh. I am a mac user though, i prefer it almost completely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
I was a PC die hard. Back in my middle school when we got the little e-mac things with 667 mhz and the fruity colors. I could not complain enough about mac back then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
i was never a hardcore pc fan, or a mac fan. I used my windows because thats all i knew and it just worked. I wasnt introduced to macs till this year, when some of my friends and people i knew started getting macs, then i grew interested and started reading up on forums what the big ruckus was. Then i went through a phase looking at all the macbook/os x videos on youtube. But i never swore by the pc or anything, i used it because its what i knew, and what worked for me and what i liked. I will soon be a mac user to experience os x.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i wouldn't say diehard. certainly a semi-power user. and i still am in windows server support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.