clear macbook skins turning yellow, now what?

Reaction score
i bought my macbook at the end of jan and had a clear skin on it asap. i have used invisible shields in the past for my ipod but got one of the skins from bestkskinsever.com because frankly they seem exactly the same.

the skin is pretty good, very good for keeping mac nice and scratch free. the skin gives a slight off color though, kinda dulls the pristine white. the real problem is the trackpad, button and wrist areas now. they are yellowing like no other. very gross looking and i have been unable to clean it because it doesnt seem to be anything ON it, at least not something that is removable. its gross!

has anyone else had this yellowing problem? it was such a perfect skin until this. now i am thinking of buying on of those macstyles versions because its vinyl and COLORED, so even if it yellows i cant see it. but they dont offer a track pad cover, so im back to having a yellow yuck track pad.

of course, i am also nervous that wen i get another cover and pull these off that it will actually be my macbook that is yellowed and not the sticker :(

lets hope thats not the case.

any advice?

OP
K
Reaction score
well for anyone having the same problem, i just ordered a moshi palm guard, its matched white to match my macbook so i dont have to choose a color and it comes with a track pad and button piece. i dont think it will discolor. hopefully... (plus i like that its matched to my macs color because i didnt want to put some glaring color inside my mac, maybe later, but not now)

i think the outside of my mac skin isnt discoloring like the inside, so i will wait a while on that and maybe get a speck case later on.

OP
K
Reaction score
of course if i pull up the stickers i have and its actually the mac that is discoloring and not the sticker i will have to get the parts replaced.

OP
K
Reaction score
ok well i hope someone is reading this-

i emailed beskskinsever to ask if they knew a way to clean the stickers or if it was covered in the warranty, which i doubted it was because, well, they are just dirty.

i just got a reply apologizing profusely and saying they will ship me a new one right out. wow. i didnt expect that. i just bought another brand to replace the bestskinsever. oh well now i have a back up. but i am impressed with their service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Macbook
I don't use any skins, but when the areas around the mouse get dirty, I use a mr clean magic eraser and clean it off. Looks like new every time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I don't use any skins, but when the areas around the mouse get dirty, I use a mr clean magic eraser and clean it off. Looks like new every time

Ditto, same here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.