Uninstalling programs on OSX 10.2.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
I have read posts where it states you just drag an application to the trash can.Well i have tried that with sophos and it leaves the icon in the menu bar whenever i open my system pref. dialog.Is there a program that succesfully uninstalls programs on macs?I am fairly new to macs as well.
Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Found this at another site

How do I uninstall Sophos for Macintosh?
To uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus for Macintosh OS 10.2 and above, please run the uninstaller from the original Sophos Installation package.

Reaction score
Which section is it in? You say the menu bar in sys prefs? Do you mean the very top section where it says System Preferences?

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
I dont know about you but i just drag the file from it's place in the applications folder to the trash then clear the trash. And of course remove any remaining files associated with the program in question

Reaction score
Mac apps come in two flavors: those you can just throw away and those that leave little turds floating around. With most apps you can just throw it away and be done with it, maybe a .plist file but those are harmless. Sophos installs several files, Norton anti-virus is similar, use their un-installer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
yea, for those that would leave crap behind i would think that they would have some sort of uninstall feature when you open the program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which section is it in? You say the menu bar in sys prefs? Do you mean the very top section where it says System Preferences?

It is in this picture but at the bottom where your personal software is(And where can i find a screen grabber like that??!lol).It did not have an uninstaller as it was just a trial.I was told i did not need it because macs are less potentially to get virus,spyware.I cannot find the appzapper program for 10.2.8 OSX.the one i did try would not load.Thanks so much for the help guys.My wife and i recently made the transition to macs for business and i feel like im in a learning curve rut.

Reaction score
And where can i find a screen grabber like that??!lol

The screen grab is:

Shift + Command + 4

... then hit the spacebar and the active window will become highlighted with a camera icon centred. Just click the mouse and a .png of the capture appears on your desk.

Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

Taking Screenshots in MacOS X

Re: the icon in Sys Prefs, try Command/Right-Clicking on it and see if you can remove it this way.

To remove, simply control-click on the pane and select "Remove..." from the pop-up menu.

Picture 3.png

Picture 2.png

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alright this might sound stupid but what is the command button?I know the "C" button is the alt/option button.Like i said i am brand spanking new to the functionality of macs.I used a mac when i was wee high to a toad stool and lost any kind or inkling of know how .Nevermind!That last link explained in exact detail.i will upload a picture of what im talking about

View attachment myscreen.jpg.pdf

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.