Question About Playing an Old Game On 10.4.9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Ok so I dug up this awesome myst style game called connections from my basement and found out the cd contains both the pc and mac versions.

The only problem is it says system 7 or later. When I put it in the cd picks it up, and lets me drag it and all, and then tells me it isnt compatiable.

Does anyone know if its possible to get this to work with Tiger?

Reaction score
Whats the name of the game? If I knew, I would be happy to do some research for you. I enjoy trying to dig up information on the web.

I highly doubt something that was designed for System 7 will run on OS X, just because it is so outdated and probably has a completely different way of being run and played.

M

MacHeadCase

You could try playing it (yes it does work with some games!) by running Classic but unfortunately, you have an Intel-based Mac and that type of chip architecture is totally incompatible with anything having to do with Mac OS 9 so you wouldn't be able to install it.

I heard of SheepShaver but have no idea how well (or not) it runs and if the game you want to play would be compatible with this set-up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.