Slide Show Question

Reaction score
I've figured out *** to get a slide show going in iPhoto. I also have a seperate folder with photos in it. Can a slide show be created with that folder? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Well dennis, there's slideshows and then there's slideshows. If you have a folder on your HD, outside of the iPhoto folder, there's a way to create a slideshow by opening up the folder and selecting all and right-clicking, then choosing Slideshow from the contextual menu. This will start a full-blown slideshow and it's fantastic!

If you mean can you create an iPhoto Slideshow from a folder of photos outside the iPhoto Folder, then you would either use a 3rd party app or just drag that folder from its location, straight to the Source pane in an open iPhoto Window. Then just click on Slideshow and start creating.

You can also use iDVD to create a slideshow of the folder if you want, then burn it to disc. This is AFAIK.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks, Pulse! You first paragraph answered my question except that I can't right-click because of my mouse. Would control-click work?

OP
D
Reaction score
Um, I can't right click. I did it this way:
Select All & then the Action tab within the folder!
Thanks!

Reaction score
Command-Click? You mean Control-Click? Or did command-click exist as well?

Assuming Dennis has a newer Mac, maybe he just hasn't set right-click in his preferences:

To configure the right mouse button on the Mighty Mouse, select System Preferences from the Apple menu, and then select Keyboard & Mouse. Select the Mouse tab.
mouse6.jpg

Make sure the right mouse button is set as the Secondary Button, as seen in the screenshot above.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes, I do have a newer Mac, yogi! I didn't realize I could right click with the Mighty Mouse! Thanks, this forum is great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.