install Mac pro OS X on my Macbook pro will it work?

Reaction score
well im a newbie first mac ever. i got my macbook pro used and it came with XP on it only. i was woundering if i could use the mac pro disc to reinstall the OS X on it.

sorry this probably is a dumb question but im not for sure myself if its possible or if it will work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nope.
1. Violates the EULA.
2. Discs are system specific

Reaction score
I don't understand your question... your title talks about 10.5 which hasn't been released yet. You say that your MBP came with XP only and you ask if you can use the MBP install disk to reinstall 10.4. If that is correct, then yes you can. I can't see what the EULA violation is? Install disks are machine specific, but if you got the install disks for the MBP when you bought it, you should be good to go. Or did I miss something?

OP
X
Reaction score
I don't understand your question... your title talks about 10.5 which hasn't been released yet. You say that your MBP came with XP only and you ask if you can use the MBP install disk to reinstall 10.4. If that is correct, then yes you can. I can't see what the EULA violation is? Install disks are machine specific, but if you got the install disks for the MBP when you bought it, you should be good to go. Or did I miss something?

im sorry about the mistake its not 10.5 its 10.4 sorry um no i dont have the original install discs for them ive got a problem and i have no idea what im doing.
i need to find a apple store somewhere. would they say anything if i took it in there with XP loaded on MBP

Reaction score
If the ebay listing is correct, the disks are for the MacBook Pro and you are good to go. The other possibility is installation disks for the Mac Pro which is the desktop tower. Those will not work on your MBP.

OP
X
Reaction score
If the ebay listing is correct, the disks are for the MacBook Pro and you are good to go. The other possibility is installation disks for the Mac Pro which is the desktop tower. Those will not work on your MBP.

Yea thats the thing that i was curious about because the listing says that its for MBP and it also says that its for Mac pro at the time of purchase i didnt have any idea that the OS X was system specific. im thinkin that its for the mac pro because it comes with the mac pro mighty mouse but that just could be something that they added in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You've been sold a dud.

They are for the MAC PRO, not the MAC BOOK PRO.

Notice how they say Mac Pro on the manual and they are in a black box.

I'd try and get a refund personally.

Bad luck.

OP
X
Reaction score
dang that sucks im gana try to get a refund. does anybody have a macbook pro install disk that i could buy off of them? im in need of one bad i need to get this window XP off of here asap. im having bad luck with this mac already im thinkin about selling it. lmao lol anybody want it for $1400 foreal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
surely if you have Windows on it then you must have Bootcamp installed, have you tried holding the OPTION key down whilst switching it on.
It maybe that the StartUp option in BootCamp is set to Windows.

OP
X
Reaction score
surely if you have Windows on it then you must have Bootcamp installed, have you tried holding the OPTION key down whilst switching it on.
It maybe that the StartUp option in BootCamp is set to Windows.

Are you talkin about holding down the option(alt) key when it starts up. yes ive tried it it only has the windows XP partition nothing else ill post a picture for you so you can see what i have.

OP
X
Reaction score
here are some pics im not for sure if it has bootcamp or not it may though somebody tell me if the pics help. Sorry these pics were taken on my camera phone.
PIC-0071.jpg

PIC-0070.jpg

PIC-0069.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
hold down the OPTION key whilst booting the computer. If BootCamp is installed you will see two drives appear, 1 for OSX the other for Windows.

OP
X
Reaction score
hold down the OPTION key whilst booting the computer. If BootCamp is installed you will see two drives appear, 1 for OSX the other for Windows.

well i guess i have something else because only XP is installed on there. did you see the pictures?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
would boot camp work if osX was deleted? i thought it was dependent on X...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.