Warranty transferrable?

drb

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to get a new imac and considering buying used from ebay or Craigslist. Can anyone tell me if the 1 year applecare warranty that new macs come with transferrable?

I'm a little hesitant about buying second hand from one of the above sites but having applecare makes me feel better (conversly not having the warranty transfer would probably be a deal breaker).

Also, if the 1 yr is transferrable I'm assuming I wouldn't have an issue extending to the 3 yr?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
I called them once regarding this and they said yes, the warranty is transferable, and as long it's within that one year, purchasing applecare isn't a problem either. The best thing to do is to get the serial number of the computer and type it in at the bottom of this page where it says "About your support coverage:" http://www.apple.com/support/

That will tell you when the computer was purchased, and how much warranty period it has remaining. It's also a great way to filter out stolen or questionable items because they won't show up, and you get an exact date of purchase so you can figure out if that model was available at the time, and if it corresponds to that number. I saved myself from a scam once using this system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.