Adium

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
Is there anyway or is it even possible to have any ym contacts on Adium and not just msn contacts?:eek: :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Adium is a combination client for AIM, YM, MSN, and many others. I'm not quite sure what your question is, are you sure you've logged in with your YM username?

Tak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
Is there anyway or is it even possible to have any ym contacts on Adium and not just msn contacts?:eek: :Confused:

Adium supports YM, I'm runnng it now, two separate accounts.

I honestly can't find anything Adium does NOT support.

Reaction score
AFAIK, you need to have a yahoo account yourself before you can add any YM buddies.

Picture 7.jpg

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like has already been said, Adium will do all the major Chat services at the same time. I have mine set up with AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, MSN and Google Chat. All work at the same time in ONE client. You have to have accounts set up for all those services, but if you do, Adium will do them all.

Reaction score

I am another one who has Adium set up for MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Google and ICQ. Do you need help on how to set up each account?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
I appreciate all the quick replies guys and i apologize if i wasn't specific.. My question is if i'm currently using adium to be my msn client. Can i have ym contacts show up in adium while logged in under my msn account or would i have to swtich between the two different accounts of msn and ym

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch 8gb 1.1.4
I think its all in one window

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Prime is right. You may log into your ym and msn accounts at the same time, and use them simultaneously, in one seamless window. I do exactly the same thing, except with AIM and Google Talk.

Reaction score
I appreciate all the quick replies guys and i apologize if i wasn't specific.. My question is if i'm currently using adium to be my msn client. Can i have ym contacts show up in adium while logged in under my msn account or would i have to swtich between the two different accounts of msn and ym

No switching necessary. When you set it up just mark the block that says to start (YM, MSN, ICQ, etc) to log in at start up. Then when you start Adium all the accounts you checked will automatically start up. Adium monitors as many different IM's as you set up and tell to start. I am monitoring four or five right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.