system preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
I set the display not to dim before it goes to screensaver, but when i restart the computer it resets that setting back to the original default. I click the 'padlock' at the bottom of the page to prevent further changes, so why does it reset itself everytime the computer is restarted??? How can I make this feature permanent so that when the computer restarts it remains the way I left it??

thnks--

..sorry about the previous situation, now i know..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
There are two groups of settings in System Prefs > Energy Saver, Power adapter & Battery.
Are they both set the same?
Mine only set brightness before sleep not screensaver though.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
yes, there are two setting within energy saver, but i am only trying to set the power adapter. The battery settings I am fine with and have not changed. so how would i set the changes so the lock remains with the settings and remaining?? when i had mandriva I just set the functions the way I wanted them and they worked properly the next time. I know a way must exist for tiger.

thnks-- any suggestions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.