quick safari question

Reaction score
somehow my safari reset something so that it doesnt open pdf files anymore in the browser, it pops up a window that lets me use adobe reader but I don't have adobe reader and it wont let me pick preview. How do I make it use safari to look at pdf's
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Personally I like Adobe Reader more than Preview as it gives you much more functionality whereas Preview is severely limited. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for your problem regarding Preview however, you may want to give Reader a try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
I'm guessing that you have open "safe" files after downloading ticked in Safari > Prefs > General tab. Untick ~ it's safer anyway :)

Best

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Got it. Do you have ONYX on your system? If not, Download and install it as it will come in handy to speed up your system anyway. Then when it opens and you enter the system password, go to the Parameters Tab. Click on Safari, then put a check by "Automatically Open PDF Files in Safari". That should fix it. Somehow that setting has changed.

Hope that takes care of it for you.

Picture 1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.