Share Album over home network to a PC

Reaction score
I have searched the internet and this site for the answer to this question, and I could not really fiind what I am look for so I thought I would post it here.

I am just starting to use iPhoto (Version 6) to manage my digital pictures. I am able to import the pictures from my camera into iPhoto. I then create an album of all the pictures in that roll and I weed out the one that I do not like or care about. Here comes the tricky part, I want to share those pictures over my home network so that my wife can view them on her Windows PC? I know that I could just find the folder that the latest roll was uploaded to and then just share that folder but I would like to just be able to do this through iPhoto? Again, I have a work around, but I was curious if anyone has done what I am trying to do. Apparently if she had a Mac then this would be easy because her iPhoto's program could look for the Album's I am sharing or something but she has a Pc so that does not help me. :D

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
My 'off the top of my head' suggestion would be to use iPhoto to make the album into a web page, export that to your `/<your Home Folder>/Documents/Sites/' folder and then enable Web Sharing I believe, and give her the ip address of the mac.

She types that into the browser, and can view them on her internet browser.

Brian

OP
R
Reaction score
My 'off the top of my head' suggestion would be to use iPhoto to make the album into a web page, export that to your `/<your Home Folder>/Documents/Sites/' folder and then enable Web Sharing I believe, and give her the ip address of the mac.

She types that into the browser, and can view them on her internet browser.

Brian

Thanks Brian, that sounds like a possibility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.