Battery Problem

Reaction score
Ok, I have had my mac book pro 15inch for about 4 months, and now I have to stay connected to a wall outlet, or else my macbook dies, even when battery is at full charge, I have the energy settings turned up, but it still shuts down after it gets unplugged. anyone else have this problem and how do I fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
It sounds to me like the logic board and/or PMU is not recognizing the battery correctly. You've only had it for 4 months, so go ahead and take it to an Apple Store, and they'll fix it happily (don't forget to make an appointment online first)!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
my guess is your battery is dead. these batteries are crap, at least for now. im 99% sure its not your logic board or PMU.

the battery is dead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
not all the batteries are crap, it just depends on the assembly of your particular mbp... i remember reading somewhere that most of the defective batteries were built by sony subsidiary companies, but it comes down to the batch you received your model from. Apple will fix the problem though, so no real need to go crazy, but it is an inconvenience

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my mb had a battery go bad 3 months into ownership, no biggy.

my new mbp, had one go dead 1 month in ( and worse, i finally had decided to leave AC cord at home!!!)

the one they sent me for replacement, was DOA!

3rd time was a charm, blah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
:( dude, that sucks, but it is not every case but probably a minority of cases. The overall production is exquisite, but I can understand your gripe because that was ridiculous.

:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not to mention i had the battery replaced on my previous macbook 2x

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.