Printing on MAC network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I must be missing something that is just too easy...

I have a G5 POWERPC set up with an Epson R2400 connected via firewire. My daughter had some homework to do, and I thought its such a great day lets go outside and do it...with the Macbook Pro

So, the Epson is set up to share on the network. I can see and access the G5 with the laptop but cannot seem to print on the Epson.

What am I missing?

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I should mention that the printer is marked to share with other computers.

When I would try to print from the Macbook pro there would be no connection with the printer. The printer settings in the Macbook Pro were copied over when initializing the laptop using the G5 attached via firewire or USB...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
when you go to print in the printers list you should see Bonjour printers. In that list should be your epson. Click it and go

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.