Playing games on an Intel-based Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1GB
Hi,

I seem to be having enormous difficulty playing the majority of browser-based games.
It doesn't matter if I use Safari or Firefox, 9 out of 10 games refuse to work. I gather that Adobe hasn't got round to porting Shockwave etc onto Intel-compliant Macs yet (presumably they will soon).

I've tried launching Firefox in Rosetta mode, but games like iSketch work once a month. Normally, Firefox crashes about a minute in.

It's incredibly frustrating, when every PC I've ever been in seems to run virtually every website going, yet with the Mac, it's so hit-and-miss.

Is there another browser I should be using, or is there a way I should configure Safari of Firefox to run games properly?

Thanks very much,
sub333

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Intel Mac's do not support Shockwave (yet?). :(

But Shockwave Flash is supported (I don't know the diff). :Blushing:

So...make sure the games you want to play (I've found many of them) are universal or for Mac alone.

Depends on the type of games you like you can find some at www.macgamestore.com

Hope this helps. :)

btw, welcome to Mac-Forums, nice to have you here. You'll find this a great place to get lots of mac info and just have a good time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Hi,

I seem to be having enormous difficulty playing the majority of browser-based games.
It doesn't matter if I use Safari or Firefox, 9 out of 10 games refuse to work. I gather that Adobe hasn't got round to porting Shockwave etc onto Intel-compliant Macs yet (presumably they will soon).

I've tried launching Firefox in Rosetta mode, but games like iSketch work once a month. Normally, Firefox crashes about a minute in.

It's incredibly frustrating, when every PC I've ever been in seems to run virtually every website going, yet with the Mac, it's so hit-and-miss.

Is there another browser I should be using, or is there a way I should configure Safari of Firefox to run games properly?

Thanks very much,
sub333

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=82216d24
A quick search on Adobe's site will do wonders. I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
My Safari works well with Shockwave (providing it's running on Rosetta). I hope someone more knowledgeable would jump in. :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1GB
Thanks for the advice.

Certain games are very hit-and-miss, though, even when I'm in Rosetta mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.