Multiple Monitor Software

Reaction score
I'm looking for some good software to configure multiple displays. When I was on my pc I used multimon, does anyone know anything similar for mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I'm looking for some good software to configure multiple displays. When I was on my pc I used multimon, does anyone know anything similar for mac?

What is it you want to do?

OSX handles multiple monitors - so does Windows. I use multiples on both OSes, never needed any other software.

Reaction score
For a mac though, if you want to do screen spanning, you need either a iMac (I think the 17" ones dont do it..), a mac pro or a macbook pro... other wise you need to use a hack...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
For a mac though, if you want to do screen spanning, you need either a iMac (I think the 17" ones dont do it..), a mac pro or a macbook pro... other wise you need to use a hack...

Ah, OK.

The G5 Powermac does it OK too. I just assumed if it had the hardware to connect another (or more) monitors, OSX would handle it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
All New macs do it, except the mini for obvious reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Still not true :)

All intel Macs can handle screen spanning (except the Mac mini as it only has 1 display port).

iBooks and iMac G4's and G5's needed to use the screen spanning doctor tool to enable spanning, but intel iMacs as well as Macbooks can do it out of the box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.