• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gran Turismo 4 picture thread

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
cool. i probably won't get to it for a couple days, but i'm sure it'll be just as fun. plus a little more time away will make the car/track combo a bit more fresh for me.

Subwall, are you in too?

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
1:49:477

I really enjoyed the car/track combo, It works really nicely :D

Definitly could knock a second off if I didnt misjudge the long corner before the last hairpin, since most laps I went off there *grumbles*

~~ TS ~~

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that is a fantastic track, really rewards both pushing a car and knowing it's limits. it's very technical too, great elevation changes, every curve on the track is interesting in some way.
the thing that does give you a little bit of pleasant dread on the course is having the time to really savor a screw up. i know that sounds weird, but a lot of courses you make a mistake and it's a quick nudge into a wall or a brief excursion into the dirt. but here you get the time , even before you go off sometimes to go "ooooohhhhh noooo!!! nonononono!!!"
but once you figure out a couple of the tricky bits, it's lots of fun to throw a car that's basically the automotive equivelent of a sledgehammer around that track.

it'll be fun to note the differences between the Vanquish and the Vantage too. i'm guessing the vantage will feel a bit more like a fine tuned instrument on the track.

Reaction score
im in, I actually did it a couple days ago with the vanquish, b/c I didnt have the v8 vantage unlocked yet either, but I forgot my lap times, I'll try it again tonight. I do remember being surprised the times seemed faster than what you posted in the more powerful v8 vantage. Nature of the track i guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Wow that game looks great, what systems is it for?

Reaction score
Wow that game looks great, what systems is it for?
Gran Turismo 4 is on PS2 and the Forza series (i think some people posted pics form that) is on XBox.

I just did 4 laps on this. My best was a 1.43.511. Might've been able to shave a second off if I had done well on all sections on the same lap, I kept doing well on one part one lap, then bad on another and vice versa.

Off topic: Anyone own or play tourist trophy for PS2? Same makers from Gran Turismo, only with motorcycles. the physics are by far the best of any motorcycle racing game, and the two share a lot of the same tracks. Just thought I'd see if anyone wanted to do some laps on there also.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Subwall, I could see how that could be possible, might be able to finesse it a bit more.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oh, and yay for Tourist Trophy!

337222969_bf779ba7ea.jpg

337222971_1f4a8c62cf.jpg

Reaction score
how do you get pictures from the ps2 to the computer? It involves a USB cable on the front ports of the ps2 i'm assuming, do you just hook it up and go? I saved my replay from infineon. Can you get replay video or just images from the ps2? Im an idiot lol. Im sure I could figure this out through google, but you guys obviously already know so I thought i'd ask here.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
just use any usb thumb drive.

go into photo mode, connect the drive, then select your photos (note the instructions at the bottom of the screen for selecting multiple photos). then on the right there will be a button for transfer to usb (maybe not the exact wording).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I finally found someone to trade my 80GB PS3 for a 20GB version so I can play GT4 again! I am starting out fresh, here's my first car. Expect lots of photos in the future!

crx.jpg

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
fantastic!

i'll have to find some time in between playing ffxii and taking care of the new bambino to tear up a little rubber and take some more pics...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
fantastic!

i'll have to find some time in between playing ffxii and taking care of the new bambino to tear up a little rubber and take some more pics...

Awesome. I was feeling kinda dumb for opening a dead thread.

Drifting at Laguna Seca.

240.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.