.mac capacity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007
Whenever I use my .mac storage it says my available capacity is 512Mb. But my base capacity is supposed to be 1Gb, right? Does anyone know what is up here?

Cheers,
-Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Whenever I use my .mac storage it says my available capacity is 512Mb. But my base capacity is supposed to be 1Gb, right? Does anyone know what is up here?

Cheers,
-Joe

I believe .Mac divides half of your storage to your @mac.com e-mail address, and the other half to your iDisk storage area. Check your .Mac storage preferences to see if you can change the allocation.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007
Oh, I see. That's a shame, because I'm pretty sure I won't need half a gig just for email. Never mind, at least I know what's going on now. Thanks! :)

-Joe

M

MacHeadCase

Yep I set mine up to be 80MB the rest is for my files and I've had my .Mac account for years..

Now I've noticed that for the new accounts, Apple has slightly changed the available configs for email storage: a friend of mine just got a new iMac (her first ever Mac!) and she decided to go with a .Mac account. We set up her account the weekend she bought her iMac and we could only choose 100MB as smallest storage space for email, I seem to recall.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007
So it is possible to change the email storage space? How do you do that?

Thanks,
-Joe

M

MacHeadCase

It's in your .Mac account storage preferences: you can change them there, online, from your homepage.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007
It's in your .Mac account storage preferences: you can change them there, online, from your homepage.

Ah, thanks, that worked - email storage now at 70Mb, iDisk at 954Mb!

-Joe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.