Replacement 20" imac G4 screen???

E

ekburt

My iMac 20" screen is broken. REALLY totalled, and can't be repaired. Anyone out there had to replace a screen? I don't want to go through Apple, b/c it will cost too much. Any advice on where I can find a replacement?
Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I would think the video out will connect easily enough to a normal monitor

OP
J

jerodhusvar

ebay?

ekburt said:
My iMac 20" screen is broken. REALLY totalled, and can't be repaired. Anyone out there had to replace a screen? I don't want to go through Apple, b/c it will cost too much. Any advice on where I can find a replacement?
Thanks!!!
You might try eBay. But I think with a machine that new you're likely gonna have to bite the big apple and call them. :)

jjh

OP
D

dtx3000

i'll take your old one...it can't be that bad...any pics?
anyways, yeah, it's probably off to apple to fix it.

OP
S

steviecam

I'm having the same problem with my 15" getting a nasty crack down it, it cost to much to replace and apparently it's to complicated for us 'normal' people to fit .. I've decided to claim the damage through my home insurance as it was done accidentally at home!!

OP
J

jerodhusvar

steviecam said:
I'm having the same problem with my 15" getting a nasty crack down it, it cost to much to replace and apparently it's to complicated for us 'normal' people to fit .. I've decided to claim the damage through my home insurance as it was done accidentally at home!!
Hmmm... an excellent idea. Depending on your deductible you might be able to get a new display for $250.

jjh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.