web browsers it desaturates the photos 10% to 15%.

Reaction score
Hi There

I not sure if this right place for this....

I am developing website for photographer and when I up load the photos to the website and view them a web browsers it desaturates the photos 10% to 15%. But when you view then in PS they are correct??? (the working color space is adobe 1998 RGB)

so to get them correct saturation in the browers I have to add 10% to 15% saturation

has any one come across this before when uploading there photos on to the web?

Cheers

D

M

MacHeadCase

Hi hippy.green.

I have a SmugMug account and late last year they started asking members to upload photos only in sRGB (which is a Windoze colour space profile) and I think this makes them look pretty bland myself: maybe this is what you are looking for?

M

MacHeadCase

Well no matter what the spiel SmugMug gives us, 95% of the computers in this world use that profile so guess some of those websites bend over backwards to accommodate WinBoxes.

Personally? I feel kinda sad to see that the Web standard has been altered, not for something better but just because a majority uses a built-in standard that isn't meant to be cross-platform. Too bad the basic principle of complete compatibility with all computing platforms on the Internet has been lost to the Windoze bully.

Anyway, rant over. I think that explains all the bland coloured photos we see out there now.

Oh and about Safari. It's a work in progress, so I'm pretty sure they'll try to correct the rendering of colours in the next increments.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.