• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Someone who knows how to decorate a room, Help [;

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Okay, I'm in the middle of renovating my room. I know the style I'm going for, and the color of wood I want (medium to dark brown). BUT I can't decide on what color to do, it's so frustrating. Looked around and I have a link to the closest thing that looks like the style I'm going for. Any advice, woman or man, would be appreciated. thanks ;)

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15558&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=60998&langId=-1&chosenPartNumber=S09839339

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well, some questions.

-How big is the room?
-How much natural light do you get?
-How much lamp light will there be after dark?
-How crowded is the room (i.e. the furniture to space ratio)?
-Is the room carpeted? If so, what color is it?
-How much is on the walls?

Tell me that and maybe paint me a verbal picture of what you are shooting for and I can help, I have a knack for these things.

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Okay, I have a smaller room. The walls are on an angle, so all my furniture has to be low (sucks I know), 1 window, but I am facing the side where I get a good amount for 1 window. As for artificial light, I'm either keeping my recessed lighting (for space reasons), or just taking all the electrical out and using a floor lamp, and probably a lamp on a desk. Modern, think modern haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well, since you get good daylight and should have decent lighting after dark, you could go with a darker color if you wanted. However, if you are looking at dark furniture in a small room, even with good light, it may make it look smaller.

You can go with some brighter, lighter shades, say blues or greens, perhaps even light browns or tans. If your daring you can go with vibrant colors in darker shades. You can split the difference and do accent walls, one wall in a vibrant dark shade, say a deep maroon red, a bright Blue (think Ford Blue) or a Hunter green and then do the other wall in a lighter color that accents the bright color, but helps keep the room bright and cheery.

For example, my bedtime has one deep maroon wall, and 3 light brown/tan walls, my living room has one deep blue wall (the Ford Blue), and 3 light blue walls, my oldest bedroom has one bright green wall and 3 pink walls and my youngest room has one bright mustard yellow wall and 3 dark purple walls (Think LA Lakers colors here). All of them maintain a nice balance and don't make the rooms look small or closed in.

Since your walls are all at angles and your furniture is low and dark, the accent idea might work well for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.