copy a CD on mac

S

supenguin

How do you copy a CD on a Mac with a combo drive? I searched on google and everything seemed to say just drag the CD to Toast or use Disk Copy. Well, I don't want to buy Toast (I don't copy CD's often) and the only Disk Copy on my system is the OS 9 one, which doesn't work in Panther.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Select "Help" from the Finder menu and enter "Disk Copy" in the search field. There will be an entry of "Duplicating a data compact disc". It will provide the steps for what you want.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Duplicating a data compact disc

You can use Disk Utility to quickly make copies of a CD that contains information. To do so, first you create a copy, or "disk image," of the CD. Then you can make additional copies from the disk image. Disk Utility is a utility located in Applications/Utilities.
1. Insert the original disc in your computer's optical drive.
2. Open Disk Utility and select the disc in the left column.
3. Choose Images > New > "Image from Disk."
4. Type a name for the image, and choose a disk format.
5. Click Save.
6. Eject the disc when the disk image is done.
7. Select the disk image in the left column and choose Images > Burn.
8. Insert a blank CD disc and click Burn. (To see more options, such as making the disc appendable, click the triangle in the top-right corner before you click Burn.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.