CS3 macbook pro

Reaction score
Hey there, I have a macbook pro with 2gb ram, 2ghz core duo, and when I run the new photoshop cs3 it takes quite a while to work. Say I erase an area in a photograph, there is a definate lag while the system does its' thing. This can be anything from 10 - 60 seconds. I am a recent switcher from PC as I was given a MBP as part of a university award, and my old 2.4gz P4 runs photoshop faster and never freezes. This is my first laptop, should I exspect reduced performance?

OP
H
Reaction score
RE: speedtests

Thanks for the info Alexis, here are my results

Pentium 4 @ 2.4ghz/1gb ram/FX 5200 256mb, windows XP pro, PS CS3, test completed in 5m18seconds
MacBook Pro 2ghz/2gb ram, PS CS3, test completed in 1m26 seconds

Hmmm wonder whats going on then ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
That sounds a strange one. What programs do you have open in Activity Monitor? What widgets are you using as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
My MB is 2GHz, 1GB RAM, and runs PS CS3. Nothing goes wrong, and I run it with Safari and Yahoo! Messenger. And sometimes even with iTunes, but it doesn't lag.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.