common problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
i have been hearing about pixelation problems with many people, and I am jsut wondering if it is a significant problem that occurs routinely??? I recently bought my MBP less than a month ago and beautiful, but a lot of these problems seem to be happening at around 5-8 months after the warranty ends. If this is as prevalent a problem as some people have said, I wonder if buying the 300 dollar applecare might not be a valid purchase??

any ides __

thanks-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
but a lot of these problems seem to be happening at around 5-8 months after the warranty ends.
Nobody with a MacBook Pro is 8 months past their warranty yet. The MacBook Pro was only introduced in January 2006. In fact, those who didn't purchae the APP would just now be hitting their fifth month out of warranty.
None of these problems are widespread. The only thing that is widespread is the stories of those who were unfortunate to encounter some problems. The actual number of 'problem' notebooks is negligible.

If you want peace of mind, then get the APP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
ive had two seperate issues with two different mbp screens. So whether or not i just have bad luck is beyond me, but i thought id comment a little

first macbookpro. 40 stuck/dead pixels. guy on phone told me i should try to fix it! i told him i just dropped 2k$ on this thing, im not trying to fix squat!

second mbp (which has been good except for this and battery) there is tons of dust particles (big and small) collecting in the screen on the sides. Enough to make me very unhappy with the lcd.

so IMO, the mbp has not been so pro to this point. its a lovely machine, but these two issues just diminish the quality id come to expect from a 2k$ purchase

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
good point devilboy. thnaks=

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.