Nikon D70

Reaction score
Is anyone having compatibility problems with a mac? (I've got a MacBook Pro). iPhoto and Apature arent allowing me to import, and Finder isn't letting me even see the files...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
A key question that might help is what format are you shooting in?

If its Raw, it might not be supported, if your shooting in JPG (jpeg) then theres something else we need to look into

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
http://www.apple.com/aperture/raw/cameras.html

Aperture is compatible with Nikon's RAW format, iPhoto should also be compatible. Is this the first time you try to import photos? Is your card working correctly? Is your software up to date?
The first thing i would try is to use the memory card with a regular USB reader, to discard it as a problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm shooting in JPEG. This is the first time I am importing with this camera, and even when I use the memory card with a card reader, it still does not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I have a D70 and it imports fine into my iMac, Preview imports and displays the nef files perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
I shoot with Nikon D40, And both Aperture and iPhoto can read my raw. files, so i dont think thats the problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I'm shooting in JPEG. This is the first time I am importing with this camera, and even when I use the memory card with a card reader, it still does not work.

The problem is your card then, you have to reformat it and try again.
Remember that when you connect your camera to your computer (PC or Mac) it just acts as a card reader, the software (Lightroom, iPhoto, Aperture) identifies the file structure in the card and then will offer you the option to impor/export photos. Sometimes due to writting problems the information is corrupted, thus a reformating the card is required. I hope this helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for all that help. However, my PC reads it without a problem...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0, 1gb ram,80 gig hdd, Powermac G5, 80 Gig HDD, 1/5 gbs of ram. dvd writer
Save the pics on your pc and reformat your card. trying putting the images back on the card after you reformat and see if works then, remember make sure you backup your pictures before reformating!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
Should've got a Pentax ;P

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Lets not turn this into an anti-Nikon thread folks. Try and show some maturity here.

OP
M
Reaction score
Cheers guys it all works... I'm a bit annoyed all it was was reformatting... anyway Pentax? pah. I've got a Cannon, but that works fine! (of course).

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Cheers guys it all works... I'm a bit annoyed all it was was reformatting... anyway Pentax? pah. I've got a Cannon, but that works fine! (of course).

Mark

Funny... i have never had any problem with my Pentax, yet i read of problems about Cannon and Nikon all the time...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
Why buy a Pentax?

Because it just works!

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
Nikon FTW! Douche!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.