Wireless router problem

Reaction score
I have been unsuccessful using my HP PC laptop wirelessly on the Internet via a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router. I've connected everything correctly to my 19in Imac OS X (non-Intel.) The Mac is on the internet with Bright Houses' Road Runner . The router reports a strong signal, but does not broadcast the Internet to the laptop in another room 40-feet away. I have used the laptop successfully wirelessly at other locations (coffee-shops, etc.)

My question: could there be things that need to be checked or unchecked in the Safari Preferences or the Apple System Preferences that need to be changed to make things work?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Silly basic questions...

Do you have SSID Broadcasting enabled so the Laptop can 'see' the signal your router is putting out?

Are the SSID and Security key/password entered correctly in the laptop?

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch 8gb 1.1.4
I had this same problem for 2 days with my ibook.

it would still see the router in the list but wouldn't connect

I recommend logging into your router and doing this:

login - wireless tab - wireless mac filter - enable - click permit - click edit MAC filter list - new window will open - click wireless client MAC list - the copy the address into the list and save it of course

since I did that I haven't lost connect since

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.