Help! Mac Pro buzzing sound is really getting to me

Reaction score
This is way out of control. The only thing that seems to stop it is unlatching the case lock, and relatching it again. Sometimes that doesn't work. With three hard drives in there now, this thing buzzes LOUDLY. Doesn't happen all the time, just at random times when "just the right" vibration hits.

I feel that paying $2500+ for a computer, this should NOT be an issue. How can I get this resolved? I think I heard somewhere that you can buy your own rubber washers (like on the Antec Sonata cases) to put between the hard drive and the mounting points on the bracket. Would that solve this? Where can I get those and make sure they're the right size?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Well I moved my 2nd drive to an external case to stop the noise.

You can't do anything but buy another make or drive and hope. I would imagine WD are best as Apple use them.

It's the result of the case and mountings being too rigid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Or the result of not having rubber washers or some kind of soft padding where the drives are mounted.

In the case of the Mac Pro yes. but I've never had noise problems with PC cases and the drives are screwed directly to metal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.