Tab Key Issues

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a 15" MBP (made the switch from a Windows machine), and I am having trouble with the Tab key.

First, when a program generates a dialog box (for example, if I close Word w/o saving first, it gives me three options: "Save," "Don't Save," and "Cancel), pressing Tab (or using the arrows) does not cycle through the options. Is this normal? I feel like I should be able to do it. Perhaps there is another key I should be using?

Also, the Tab key works oddly in Firefox, especially when logging into sites. For example, when I log into Gmail, I type my username, tab, type my password, and then when I press tab again, instead of tabbing to the checkbox next to "Remember me on this computer," it tabs to the address bar up top. The same thing occurs when logging into various message boards. Do you guys experience this as well?

Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You want to turn on the "Full Keyboard Access" option in the Keyboard pane of System Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
tech is correct. Go to your keyboard settings inside System Preferences, then click on the Keyboard Shortcuts tab. The setting for full keyboard access is near the bottom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.