Recording with soundcard input on GB/iMovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
This is an odd question, but I've been recording myself fiddling around on my piano for a while now by plugging in the output of my keyboard into my soundcard and using Garageband. Garageband makes it sound pretty good, but not great. Today I recorded a video of myself playing using iMovie and used my soundcard input as the audio source (the same setup I use with garageband) and the sound sounds crystal clear and way better than Garageband. Am I doing something wrong, because why would iMovie record sound better than a program designed for audio?

cas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz 512mb Mac OSX 10.4.8
im not sure if this will work but try removing and tuning off all the effects on the Audio Channel you are using and in the Master channel... maybe all this default audio make it sudn diferent...
i hope this helps you.
n_n

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
Are you bringing the keyboard into GB as a "real instrument"? It may be that if you apply a little EQ to brighten things up a little in GB that you'll like the sound better. I'm not sure why it sounds so different, but it could be the way that GB is interpreting the sounds or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.