iWork demo

Reaction score
If I recovered my iMac with the CDs that came with it, would all the software that originally came on my mac be in there? Specifically iWork? Because it came with it and I really don't remember if I had a CD to go with it or what, I've since lost my little red box with my care protection plan information and CD in it and I think the CD was in there. Or maybe the CD for iWork was separate. I'm having a really hard time remember because as far as I know iWork was already on the computer when I got it.

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If I recovered my iMac with the CDs that came with it, would all the software that originally came on my mac be in there? Specifically iWork? Because it came with it and I really don't remember if I had a CD to go with it or what, I've since lost my little red box with my care protection plan information and CD in it and I think the CD was in there. Or maybe the CD for iWork was separate. I'm having a really hard time remember because as far as I know iWork was already on the computer when I got it.

Thanks

The Install DVD's that come with all current Macs should bring it back to the way it was shipped. I don't think they give a separate iWork CD any longer.

OP
J
Reaction score
That's good. This was a hypothetical question because my mac isn't giving me any trouble, but I found some of my program and OS CD's while dusting and my imagination started to wander when I couldn't find the Pages CD.

Reaction score
I've since lost my little red box with my care protection plan information and CD in it and I think the CD was in there.

The disc that comes in the AppleCare Red Box is a diagnostic one, called TechTools Deluxe, AFAIR(emember).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.