New OS install troubles

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So basically I finally got an imac yesterday (24" = sweet :D) but anyway once I had started it up I put in the Mac OSX Install Disc 1 and started to navigate through that. That finished and it asked me to put in the second disc. I did that and it started installing. However, later on it stopped and said "please try installing again", so I did and got the same message. I've been trying lots of different things but I can't get away from the installer and so I can't really do a lot. :( Any suggestions?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I know this does not answer your question, but why did you boot with the install media? OSX is already installed on your 24" iMac from the factory and working. You should have just let it boot and enjoy it?

On your problem, check the DVD for a smudge or dirt on the surface of the 2nd DVD. Are yo putting in the correct 2nd DVD?

OP
A
Reaction score
:Oops: yeah...kind of realise that now. Actually I realised it about the second I had done it. I'm pretty sure it's the correct disc and it looks pretty clean, though. It starts off okay but once it gets to the garageband instruments (41%) it always stops. Thanks for the suggestions though. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
:Oops: yeah...kind of realise that now. Actually I realised it about the second I had done it. I'm pretty sure it's the correct disc and it looks pretty clean, though. It starts off okay but once it gets to the garageband instruments (41%) it always stops. Thanks for the suggestions though. :)

Either that or it's a bad disc. Always a possibility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.