Airport Extreme (802.11n) and double nat

Reaction score
Hi

I have a dynamic IP that I get from my ISP. On top of that I run Airport Extreme (802.11g) and it seemed to work just fine.

Now I have upgraded to the new airport extreme (802.11n). I can either run it in bridge mode (when only one computer can connect to the wireless) or in shared mode (this is the mode that I want to run it in).

Here it complains of double nat which makes sense. Now I am experiencing the following problems:

1. My windows laptop outlook has trouble sending emails.
2. Yahoo mail does not work
3. I cant upload images to blogger.com

I expect SSL/VPN to not work with double nat but the above don't make any sense. Also, they all worked fine with the previous version of Airport Extreme.

Any help will be appreciated.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make this work? Has anyone else experienced this?

Reaction score
I am having this same exact problem and have been looking for help for hours. Does anyone have any ideas? When I try to set it back to 'Share a Public IP Address' I get 'the DHCP range you have entered conflicts with the WAN IP address of your base station.' I then change the IP range from 192.xxx.x.x to 10.xx.xx.x but then I still have double NAT. Anyone have ANY ideas?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, I had an old just regular Airport Basestation and it worked fine, not I have the new one and it is connected directly to the ADSL and I am getting the error for the Double NAT, which should not be the case. So I have had to use Bridge with makes a wireless network and wireless internet not work the way it is supposed to work with only being allowed to have 2 computers connected now on the Telus Network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.