Video cam problem

Reaction score
The built-in vid cam on my MB only works occasionally, has anyone else had a similar problem? Every time I've decided to send it back for repair it starts working again...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
You don't give much information at all, I doubt you're going to get a useful reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
is it just on OS X or are you running windows as well ?
p.s. - give more info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
What do you mean by not working?

Can't video chat with people? Can't get any image to come up, both in iChat and PhotoBooth?
picture1wa8.png

OP
R
Reaction score
No vid image.

The video image is not working at all or with any programs, chat, Skype, zip...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
So does the Green light next to it come on when u open up Photo Booth or nothing happens. and If nothing Happens what, if any, error messages pop up when u go into photo booth.

Does it tell u that the iSight is in use by another program.

OP
R
Reaction score
No, the light next to the cam doesn't come on. When I try to use photo booth the error message says the cam is either not connected or is being used by another program. I can't quite figure out why...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I know this is a silly question, but am gonna assume that u did try to reboot the system and that didn't fix it. true?

And if it didn't (take this with a grain of salt, as am a Mac Newbie) is there any program that would be using the camera that might be running in the back ground that instead of Quitting it u should closed the window for it. Or may be some program that is set to work on the Startup of ur Mac that does use it.

Reaction score
he said the light doesnt work though...so i would assume that isnt the problem. how often does it work/what are the circumstances when it does indeed decided to work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
My first guess was that your isight was in use by another program or web page. Sometimes if you have an app minimized you may not realize this. However, it sounds like you may have a hardware problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.