Itunes not ripping cdr's

Reaction score
Hello has anybody else got this problem? Since I updated to itunes 8, I am unable to rip from cdr's. Is this a measure to stop piracy? It is annoying as I am in a band and need to make and rip cd's to give out to people (my own music!) Is there a patch or something I can do to make itunes recognise cdr's? Thanks for your help, Coin-op.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you could give audion a shot to see if that will rip it.

Reaction score
Hello has anybody else got this problem? Since I updated to itunes 8, I am unable to rip from cdr's. Is this a measure to stop piracy? It is annoying as I am in a band and need to make and rip cd's to give out to people (my own music!) Is there a patch or something I can do to make itunes recognise cdr's? Thanks for your help, Coin-op.

Besides eric's advice, you could try draggin' the contents of the CDr to your Desktop, then dragging them onto the iTunes icon in your Dock. This should launch iTunes and the import should begin.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies, I will try the audion software and let you know I get on.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, so now the computer is not recognising cdr's. Does this mean that it is not itunes and the actual mac that is not recognising the cdr's? I downloaded Audion but that did not see the contents of the cd's. The contents are definately mp3's but nothing shows up.

Reaction score
Did the Mac recognise the CDr prior to the installation of Audion?

Have to ask this one: Do you have a tick in the box to Show These items On The Desktop:

Mounted volumes, iPods, Discs

in Finder -> Prefs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
OP
C
Reaction score
Hello again, yes I do have the checkboxes ticked for ipods, discs, etc. And no, the cdr's did not show up prior to installing audion. An icon for untitled cd shows on the desktop but when opened, nothing is in the folder (same cd's as before when it did recognise them. Definately files on the cd's).

You are right itunes 7!!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
does it recognize dvd, data cd-r, and pre-recorded music cds?

OP
C
Reaction score
So I guess that nobody knows a solution to this problem confirms my beliefs that macs are completely rubbish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
Maybe your disk drive is failing, how old is your Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.