Now this is just sad...

Reaction score
iPod Amnesty Bin

I'd bet rent money this "brilliant" idea originated from Steve Ballmer. I think this comment below sums it up best:

"Only someone stupid enough to buy a Zune would be equally stupid enough to not sell their discarded iPod on eBay"

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What a waste. What's interesting is that it seems that all of the iPods in there are of the same model/generation. My bet is that they were purchased specifically to be tossed in there after the bin sat empty for a few weeks.

Might not be a bad idea for one of the employees to scoop them up and put them on eBay. I'm sure they'd get enough money from the sale of one to buy 5 used Zunes that have actually been tossed for good reason!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
Thats sad, I dont like to see that. Apple stock went down 2.2 points today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Has anyone actually seen a zune in real life?

I mean. Brown??

What were they thinking?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

I mean. Brown??

What were they thinking?

Yeah, seen, used the brown Zune. Don't like the color. The Sliver or Black one is ok. I prefer an iPod to it overall but it's not bad, but the Brown one, Ack!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Well, I guess I'm going to Microsoft: for free iPods. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money

I mean. Brown??

What were they thinking?

Got to admit I was starting to think these things were fakes. I've not seen one, nor do I know of any friends of friends that have one (or seen one for that matter) I did wonder if the Zune was a photoshop job :D

Still from what I've read I don't think it sounds too bad, but I think I'll be sticking to my iPod personally :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Still from what I've read I don't think it sounds too bad, but I think I'll be sticking to my iPod personally :)

Thist is the one thing about the Zune, at least for right now, if you are an OSX user, no support at all. Nada. I guess it would work with Bootcamp/Parallels but a lot of bother just to sync your Zune. Otherwise I think it's a nice unit (the White and Black, not the Brown) but I much prefer the controls while walking or busy on the ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.