Help :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.0ghz CD 1gb 80HD SD *black*
Long time reader, first time poster.

I bought a refurb black macbook 2.0 coreduo around easter. I RARELY turn it off, i normally just put it to sleep if i need to move it...and i did a restart the other day only to turn it back on and get a white screen with a large black vertical line going down the screen :( i was very upset and let it sit overnight off....in the morning it turned right on as normal, never to appear again until last night :( The computer is still covered under warranty but i dont want to lose it for 2 weeks :( im not sure i can live without a computer that long. If anyone has seen this before please let me know. i have a picture of the screen as well
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/crazy8dude/img114.jpg

i have searched and searched all over the internet to try and find a solution and cannot :( i have reset the PRAM/NVRAM or whatever its called. and i have OSX 10.4.9 :(

any help is greatly appreciated.
and this may be a stupid question, but if i take it to a nearby apple store, can the genius bar repair things onsite or does it have to be sent out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Looks alot like something I have seen when the connector for the display on the motherboard becomes loose, being that the laptop was a refurb it is possible the cable may not be properly seated. My understanding is that they can repair such problems at the apple store..

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.0ghz CD 1gb 80HD SD *black*
thought i would give you guys an update....if this happens to you apple has to replace the lcd :( so im losing my baby for 2 weeks :( its a sad sad thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Sorry, dude, that's rough! :[

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.