• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

It doesn't bend that way!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I was sitting at the bar last night editing some pictures with my MBP. My friend bartends there and Wednesday night are usually not busy. Last night was dead. I usually "borrow" internet from the strip club that's right next door and browse the web while I'm there.

She came up to me and wanted to see what I was working on, so she reached up to the top of the screen and kept pulling it back. I pretty much stammered really loudly with a look of horror on my face until she stopped. It didn't go back very far and didn't hurt anything. Then I explained that the screen won't go back as far as the Dell that I have...

I almost blew up...I'm usually calm, but when some one starts to harm my expensive toys, I get mad...

Oh well, no harm done and crisis adverted...

Reaction score
Sheesh, I don't blame you. I am REALLY picky about who touches my laptops, idk why desktops I'm not as bothered but someone once peered over my shoulder before when I was on a laptop and reached down to bend the screen back so they could see... I practically yapped like a mutt and snapped at them, smacking their arm away haha.

If anyone broke my macbook like that, I'd probably pop a kidney.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'd say you got off fairly lucky. Then again, sitting in bar, any bar, with a laptop seems like a risky undertaking in itself.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'd say you got off fairly lucky. Then again, sitting in bar, any bar, with a laptop seems like a risky undertaking in itself.

Well, there were like 10-15 people in a place that can hold 200 and that is fairly open. There wasn't anyone on the side of the bar I was sitting at. Trust me, it would not be there if the place was busy.

edit: and I think the majority of damage was averted by the speck case. She was really pulling on that and the force of the speck case lid against the bottum is what lifted the mbp ever so slightly.

Don't think I would ever carry a mbp around without a case. Aluminum is easy enough to scratch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I know what you mean, I totally freak out if anywhere so much as goes near either one of my macs. All of my friends know by now not to touch the screen as whenever they point to something the first thing I say is "Don't touch the screen!"

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I know what you mean, I totally freak out if anywhere so much as goes near either one of my macs. All of my friends know by now not to touch the screen as whenever they point to something the first thing I say is "Don't touch the screen!"

That's one of my biggest peeves. I have a nice 21.3" Samsung I use at work and people still insist on touching the screen when they walk by. I guess they like the trails and stuff that their fingers make on the LCDs. I always say something to them of course.

We've had several 19" LCD screens that some one has had to scrub with cleaner for about half an hour to get clean, because the previous users had to touch the screens to keep their place when typing. :Shouting:

There was all kinds of grease and stuff caked on it. It was disgusting. :Not-Amused:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that's just simple ettiquete. one must not mess around with anyone else's computers, cars, television settings, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
Those hinges that have allowed the Apple laptops to remain clean-cut and sexy looking unfortunately don't allow the screen to go back all the way. But then again, why would you need it to be completely flat?

Reaction score
Those hinges that have allowed the Apple laptops to remain clean-cut and sexy looking unfortunately don't allow the screen to go back all the way. But then again, why would you need it to be completely flat?
I used to love doing that on my windows laptop (You could hang it on a wall and use it if you wanted to. :D) My iBook doesn't allow it anymore, but I guess there are some tradeoffs for everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
"Miss, you are touching my computer in a way that is making me feel uncomfortable. Please go away and do not ever touch me or my computer again, thank you."

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
"Miss, you are touching my computer in a way that is making me feel uncomfortable. Please go away and do not ever touch me or my computer again, thank you."

i felt that that really needed the thing that dan akroyd used to say to jane curtain on snl's weekend update slapped right on the end.
some of you will know what i'm talking about. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I usually "borrow" internet from the strip club that's right next door and browse the web while I'm there.

Wow, everyone really does have free wi-fi these days!! :) I wonder why Starbuks still gets away with charging for it.

Luckily there are 3 little local coffee shops within walking distance of my apartment that offer it free, and have much better/cheaper coffee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
i felt that that really needed the thing that dan akroyd used to say to jane curtain on snl's weekend update slapped right on the end.
some of you will know what i'm talking about. ;)
"Jane, you ignorant..." we'll leave the rest out of it so we don't get banned :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
I'm the same way with my MB...my niece and nephews get snipped at when they get within an inch of my screen.
They have a BAD habit of putting fingers on monitors to point out this or that "no! right there [fingers on screen]...what's that???"
They don't understand why I get so short with them, because dad and grandma and grandpa don't stop them from touching their screens.

Reaction score
The only reason I'm stingy about who touches my iBook, is because it has a crap battery and a loose DC board, so if it's moved while chargeing, it will stop and die.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
The only reason I'm stingy about who touches my iBook, is because it has a crap battery and a loose DC board, so if it's moved while chargeing, it will stop and die.

I would say, as long as you don't set that full glass of lemonade next to it, you are fine.
:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.