cut copy paste functions

F

frosty

greetings
I just got my first mac, a 12" powerbook after 12 years with pc's this thing is a little different. Someone mentioned in another thread that the control click is the same as the right click on pc's, but it does'nt seem to work the same way. I like to be able to cut and paste when playing on the web forums.

Also I notice there is only one type of delete function. The delete on the mac works like a pc backspace. can the mac delete the same way as a pc that is what is in front of the cursor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There is no front delete on mac's

To copy, cut and paste
- Highlight
- Apple Key + C, X, V (same buttons as windows)

You should be able to do the control click as well...hold down control and click and it should bring down a regular right click menu (or just use a two button mouse when you are at a desk)

OP
P

PowerbookG417

you can delete on a mac in the same sorta way as a pc you will use that backspace key but use the command key as well, that will automatically send to the trash whatever was sleletec

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerbookG417 said:
you can delete on a mac in the same sorta way as a pc you will use that backspace key but use the command key as well, that will automatically send to the trash whatever was sleletec
I think he was asking about using it as a forward delete key

Li|ke if the vertical line between i and k was the cursor clicking the delete key would delete k

OP
F

frosty

- Highlight
- Apple Key + C, X, V (same buttons as windows)

You should be able to do the control click as well...hold down control and click and it should bring down a regular right click menu (or just use a two button mouse when you are at a desk)

thanks
I could'nt get the apple C to work it just made the edit menu flash thats where the copy paste selection was.
I there a mouse available that works similar to the pc right clicky thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you can use any pc usb mouse with no trouble.....i just plug in my old gateways usb mouse that came with it and the scroll and left click no problem

apple doesnt make two button mouses

OP
F

frosty

)

oh never mind I just figured out the apple c,v functions, thanks
but still a right clicky mouse is nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.